Tuesday, February 14, 2006


(During our boating trip at Dubai Creek Park- also seen in Dubai Movie)
I stop and think a while…walking through to the bunch of couples in the streets of Dubai, isn’t it fantastic how the wonders of being in-love can make their world go by everyday and the smiles that breaks the sacrifices of being here away from home. What a lovely sight to see different nationalities with different colors, cultures and beliefs stirring up love to each other. Flowers and so many flashy red stuffs hang around the stores and ladies walking with their hands holding flowers.

Here in Dubai many people don’t mind what bloodline does he/she truly comes from but what matters is Love…ooops don’t react yet we all have our reasons keeping up with your partners right now. But as for Filipinos I still talk to so many Kabayan they prefer their own.

As I reached home I thought of sharing my Chocolates from a friend who hands it to me shyly (he cant look at me while saying his words). I greeted everybody Happy Valentines Day I knock everyone’s door and let them choose which among the chocolates they want to have. It’s really a nice feeling seeing their faces getting a valentine gift. (imagine they’re all teasing me and hoping it would be valentines day everyday so I could spread around chocolates. The teasing what makes me think… is there a problem if I don’t like to date or have a boyfriend? – its just that I don’t see anyone I am interested and I don’t want to waste time with non-sense…its non sense if I don’t like him. Am I right?

I think what I’ve been through makes me a better person and I don’t hate them, I tend to hate myself for making mistakes but that where I grow and know that I have loved till my last thread. I breath and forget all the hurt. I miss them now? Not exactly…may it’s the act of having someone hold you and kiss you, I can lean my head onto his shoulders and hold my hand. Hug me so tight, look at my eyes and smile at me, tickles me, laugh so hard over my jokes, listens to what I have to say, tell me I’m wrong or misbehaving transparently. Tells me I can’t do this or that, I cant go there, I cant be with these people (oh I love it, knowing the person truly cares and is concern of my safety although sometimes its an argument)

But seriously, I don’t mind being single at my age or not having a partner or being active in procreations. For me It’s not the point at all, Feelings is not a toy, our body is not a Toy, I am created as a woman with a distinct purpose and role to act on. I don’t want to just hang around and have JUST somebody. I don’t want to end up crying. I am enjoying in what God has given me enough to laugh, smile or even cry with, enough to be able to go to work, chat with friends, think of my family’s welfare, simply making the best of what I have in life right now and in the state where I am. It’s not bad at all isn’t it?

I think at my age and being single with no attachment or commitment to anyone is not bad at all. What’s important is how we perceive things. There is a time for everything.

I’ve been praying to my best friend the Lord Jesus Christ, that he takes care of my future “Habibi”, that I hope he is smiling right now, that he’s in good health, he is responsible to himself and that goes with his family and friends and his spiritual growth. Oh and lord… I hope he is honest, sweet, God fearing and jolly. I hope I can make good conversations with him and we bring the bet in each other. That we work as a partners and friends as well. I hope we both glorify God as we pray for each other. (Other part of my prayer is just between me and WWJD) Faith works.








5 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ellen,
Enjoy your single life, I know you will meet that love of your life one day. You don't have to hurry, it will come at the right time.I think one of the most wonderful thing that a lot of people take for granted is being single and unattached. I think there's a joy in that stage of life.If you enjoy yourself,content, once you meet that other half of yours, the joy doubles. Have fun and enjoy life. Love will make it's way to you.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Ayie Marcos said...

Message is very clear. I'm struck! Anyways, I can lend you Panday if u like, just call me...i'll send him to you gift wrapped. Wearing this...wearing only this! ehehehehhe

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger EGMercado said...

angel love thanks so much! I agree to that!

momma ays...no thanks hindi ako kumakain ng tira tira hehehehehe lolz

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger soul-seeker said...

Hi sis! Naka-relate ako sa post mo. Being single has its joys. You'll find your special someone in God's time. Isipin mo na lang na nilalayo ka ng Diyos sa konsumisyon sa ngayon, haha :)

Have a blessed weekend! :)

 
At 5:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! yukon filter ge profile refrigerator water

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home